The Recycle Committee needs volunteers to help take the church's recyclable materials to the Texas Tech recycle center. You will be assigned a time throughout the year in which you will be responsible for the recyclables in the Parish Hall. Thank you for helping to make our church stewards of the environment and to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. The contact persons for this committee are Taylor Swift (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lyndsey Walton (email@example.com). Contact Taylor and Lyndsey to get involved!
Where is the Recycle Center?
What does the Recycle Center take?
- Paper - Office, glossy and colored paper, envelopes, cardstock, newspaper, magazines and telephone books.
- Cardboard - Flattened boxes, cereal boxes and paper grocery bags
- Plastic - #1 and #2 bottles (check the bottom for the recycling number)
- Plastic bags and wrap (grocery bags, wrap, etc.)
- Aluminum - Beverage cans, etc.
- Styrofoam - Packing foam, foam cups, foam plates, egg carts, etc. All items must be clean and dry with no food residue.
- Tin or steel cans – coffee cans, vegetable cans, pet food cans (must be clean and lid pushed inside the can).
- Other Items - Housing Services will also take ink cartridges, batteries, toner cartridges, chemicals, computers and other electronics.